This week has been absolutely absurd. Without going into too much detail, I’ll tell you this: I dropped an egg yesterday morning and immediately teared up. It was the straw (or egg) that broke the camel’s back. When you find your wife in the kitchen, cleaning up yolk and crying, the best thing to do is to turn around and walk away.
I’m blaming my horrible week on the redneck that gave me a piece of his mind on Monday. He was the catalyst. I hate that redneck and hope that he’s dropping eggs somewhere as well. Ah, the joys of being in a profession that puts you up close and personal with the best and worst of society. No offense to rednecks. I come from a long line of them, but this guy was rude and uncalled for.
Today, I’m determined to end the trend. I’ve got 2 days left at 31 and I need for them to be full of optimism and energy! Less Eeyore, more Tigger.
I’m not one to look back, but, I thought I’d spend a few minutes listing the accomplishments I’ve made over the last 12 months, in hopes that it adds a little pep to my stride today.
During my 31st year, I:
1. Paid off my car.
2. Paid off 1 of 3 student loans.
3. Added this hot mess to our family:
4. Bought a new (old) house
5. Traveled to Belize and put the first stamp in my passport
6. Swam with sharks, went snorkeling and walked on Mayan ruins
7. Joined Iron Tribe
8. Finally got that six-pack!
9. Gained strength and learned how to do pull-ups and double-unders
9. Doubled my business income, closing an all time career high, and finally got a private office
10. Added my better half to the business, full time
11. Blogged fairly regularly
12. Oh, and broke more than my share of eggs.
That’s pretty fantastic to read through. Makes me feel a little better about this week. But more so, it makes me excited about 32 – Ireland, house renovations and growing into my business a little more, among other things.
Funny, there’s a part of me that feels like I’m still in my twenties and another part of me that feels like I’m in my fifties. Not one piece of me feels 32. Just goes to show you- age means absolutely nothing. Don’t ever use it as an excuse.
Here’s to 32 more years of passport stamps, rednecks and broken eggs!